I'm modifying this previous post because I think it's really important to recognize and embrace our imperfections. I feel that it is at these times when we make room for growth and improvement and I feel there are plenty of opportunities for these "human" moments. ;)
Sure, sometimes I try to be perfect and sometimes I might actually trick myself into thinking I’m pretty close, but let me be real here. The fact of the matter is that I’m trying to put forth 150% every day, all the time. Sometimes I realize I can be pretty ridiculous, and sometimes I actually catch myself doing or saying things that totally contradict what or who I’m actually aiming to be.
I was recently having a conversation with my husband – okay, I was complaining about something to my husband – and I suddenly realized that the thing I was complaining about I was DOING myself. Doh!! I literally stopped, laid my head on the table and banged it a few times. Yes, this helps.
Damn, I’m still human!
What was really cool about that moment though (well, maybe it was a few minutes later) was that I was able to look at that situation that I was complaining about in a totally different light. I gained a little more compassion, and a big space for improvement opened up. Those are the opportunities in which we can learn lessons and grow in a way that can actually make a difference in our own life, as well as with the people in it.
*This post is part of a link-up with a local workout clothing company page called Moda by Sophia. Check out their page/site and their really cute and comfy looking workout clothes! They are on my must-try and must-meet list! :) And they also share some great and healthful information on their pages. Give them a visit!
No comments:
Post a Comment