Three weeks ago I started a beginning weight training class as part of my degree requirements and I'm loving it! At first I thought I was super cool ;) and way ahead of what I would get out of this class because I've been lifting weights with The Hubs for so long. Boy, was I wrong and I'm happy that I'm learning a lot! I'm learning how to track and gauge my progress which is helping me to become stronger and push myself beyond what I thought I could do. I never knew what it meant to "max out" and wow! That has really been a great tool.
So, this morning I was doing my assisted pull-ups. I started three weeks ago with 55-60# of help and ended today with 35#. When I finished my last set, I turned around and (not knowing he was there) my coach instructed that I take some of that weight off. At that moment I realized I was doing it again - underestimating myself. So tonight as I was sitting here thinking about how I wanted to share my progress with you all, I realized that I hadn't tried an unassisted pull-up in ages. Well, I just did TWO of them! And then proceeded to do a victory lap around my house! :)
Case in point: push yourself (safely, of course)! Push past the perceived limits that you've imposed on yourself.
You never know what you're capable of until you try!!

I just stumbled upon your blog and love it! You and I sound like we were cut from the same piece of cloth! I look forward to reading more and great job on the pull ups! I think that it my number one exercise! Good job!
ReplyDeleteKristy Wilce
http://readyin5weeks.blogspot.com/
Nice job! I just started doing assisted pullups. And every once in a while I will try an unassisted pull up, but I am far from it yet. ;)
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Keep it up, Mimi!
BTW, I read your about me... we like a lot of the same things. Hiking and road trips... heck yes!
Thank you for reading and following, ladies! It's so great to connect with others who are on the health & fitness track! :)
ReplyDelete